KitchenAid Kettle: The Daringly Uncommon Pro Line Electric Kettle
<This post contains affiliate links so that the reader can easily locate the items mentioned in the article. Thank you>
KITCHENAID KETTLE, THE PRO LINE ELECTRIC TEA KETTLE
Wow! What a statement this electric kettle work-of-art makes! We’re all about products that not only will make our lives easier on a day-to-day basis but also those that will add to our sense of well-being and happiness.
In the world of electric tea kettles, this Kitchen Aid Kettle is a shining, show-stopping star!
The KitchenAid Pro Line Electric Kettle will put a smile on your face the moment you see it proudly sitting there on your kitchen counter just waiting to delight and please as you look forward to preparing your first cup of tea in the morning, your last in the evening, and all of those in-between.
We can’t decide whether to describe the KitchenAid Pro Line Kettle as being a bit retro (possibly) or futuristic (perhaps). It reminds us of the old time diners of the 50’s and 60’s, and we can just envision it sitting on the counter, jolly as can be while the coolest music from the jukebox and the lively chatter from the restaurant’s patrons fills the space.
But then, on the other hand, it also looks like something that Rosie, the robot maid from “The Jetsons” could be holding in her mechanical hand as she busily whirrs and whirrs about the home serving the family their tea.
Either way, this KitchenAid Tea Kettle is truly unique and could very well be exactly the one that you have been searching for all this time.
One thing is certain, it will definitely make that very elegant and bold statement you’ve been wanting in your home. Apart from its gorgeously attention-grabbing good looks, you’re going want to know a little bit more about it, and you probably have some questions you’d like answered.
So, please read on because we have done our best to give you as much information as we can while answering those questions for you. We’re sure you’ll appreciate this KitchenAid Kettle review!
Click the item in the table below to skip to your most pressing question, or continue to read the entire review.
- 1 KITCHENAID KETTLE, THE PRO LINE ELECTRIC TEA KETTLE
- 2 Where is the KitchenAid Electric Kettle Made?
- 3 What are some Important Features of the KitchenAid Electric Kettle?
- 4 A Few Not-So-Positive Traits:
- 5 A Few More on the Positive Side:
- 6 What About The Warranty?
- 7 KitchenAid Kettle Review Verdict and Who We Feel It Could Be For
Where is the KitchenAid Electric Kettle Made?
The brand “KitchenAid” has been made in the USA since 1919 when the founding company, Hobart Corporation, began manufacturing their original stand mixers. Whirlpool Corporation is now the proud owner of KitchenAid. And it has certainly come a long way!
This beautiful KitchenAid kettle is designed with the continued attention to exquisite detail and craftsmanship that the company has always been known and respected for.
What are some Important Features of the KitchenAid Electric Kettle?
When you first take a good look at the KitchenAid Pro Kettle, you will probably be delighted at its happy-go-lucky good looks. And when you pick it up, you will notice its sturdiness and weight. It’s not like it weighs a ton, but it is substantial, and you want to keep this in mind if you have a problem with weak wrists or hands. Also, if it is going to be used by a very elderly person, you might want to re-think spending your hard-earned money on this one.
You’re going to notice that it has a very easy-to-see and read gauge for the water level which is located under the sturdy
handle. This handle is great for secure gripping!
The circular analog current temperature gauge sits roughly in the upper third of the kettle, front and center! This, in itself, is quite attractive and sleek. It almost looks like it could be at home in an expensive sporty little automobile. It is also very easy-to-read and accurate. The temperature is primarily measured in Celsius, but right below in smaller sized digits is the Fahrenheit equivalent.
Being a KitchenAid Variable Temperature Electric Kettle, this model consists of two parts; the heating base and the kettle itself.
It has a one-of-a-kind heating system whose base has a small steel nub in the center that the electric kettle itself securely rests on. The kettle can spin 360 degrees and is removed quite easily from its base. The unit rests firmly on your counter because of its stability and the rubber feet on the base. No slipping and sliding nonsense to have to deal with!
On the base itself, you will see that it has a very straightforward adjustable sliding lever. This allows for you to set the water temperature at the exact degrees for the type of tea that you will be enjoying in just a few moments (yum). Also a very sleek and attractive detail.
Once you’ve set the temperature, you press the start button which is located at the base of the unit. All of a sudden a bunch of little LED lights above the lever will start going off, and you can watch as the water heats up to your desired temperature. Of course, remember that you can always read the cool round gauge on the actual kettle as well.
An important detail not mentioned very often is that the Kitchen Aid Electric Kettle has a DUAL WALL DESIGN that keeps the water hot inside but your hands will only feel cool comfort on the outside. This KitchenAid kettle has excellent insulation!
When the water is ready for your tea, the heater will turn off, but the water will remain at your set temperature for about ten minutes, and then the temperature will slowly begin to drop. You will be alerted that it is ready by a very soft bong (ding to some people) which to us sounds like that very soft bonging (or dinging) that you hear in an airplane cabin when you’re being told to stay in your seats and put your seatbelts back on. You’ll be hearing this sound when you press the “on” button too. Quite unique!
Now we’re getting to the filling and pouring aspects of this lovely KitchenAid Electric Kettle. You will love the generous size of the opening which will allow you to fill the kettle with ease. It can be filled to a maximum of 1.5 liters which is a little over 6 cups.
The lid is slowly released at the push of a button. As you lift the kettle off its base, you can very simply press the button with your thumb while gripping the handle. Then when you go to pour, you will be quite pleased with its excellent pouring ability, no dripping, no spilling. These architects, designers, and engineers definitely know how to please!
The interior of the tea kettle is stainless steel.
Watch it in Action Below:
There seems to be some disagreement about this feature which you may read in other reviews. However, if you call KitchenAid (as we did, phone # is on their website) you will be assured that it is a stainless steel lining and that whatever a small number of plastic interior parts there are, they are all BPA free.
Now that we’ve discussed the excellent features of this lovely product, let’s take a look at just a couple of not so positive qualities (like the ones KitchenAid won’t tell you) and then a few more positive ones.
A Few Not-So-Positive Traits:
• Even though the inside lining of the KitchenAid kettle is stainless steel, it does still have those “few” little BPA free plastic pieces. This might trouble someone who is looking for absolutely no trace of plastic at all.
• The temperature does not stay at the set temperature. It begins to drop after about ten minutes.
• In some incidences, people have said that there is an odd scent when the kettle is first put to use. It has also been noted that this scent goes away after several uses. A very good recommendation is to run a few boiling pots first and then disposing of that water. Simple enough.
• The opening is comfortable for filling but a bit small for cleaning if you have large hands which will just make it a bit harder to dry the inside. It’s a good idea to dry the inside if you’re worried about your water quality. This can help deter the build-up associated with hard water deposits.
• Probably not the best tea kettle for the frail or very elderly among us because of its weight. We would probably not buy this one for our grandmother, no matter how much she might want it!
A Few More on the Positive Side:
• This a great tea kettle for the tea snobs among us as it allows one to set the perfect temperature required by the type of lovely tea you are preparing (even the most delicate). And if you are here, you ARE a tea snob, and you know how utterly important this is!
• If you are a French Press lover, this is the perfect partner. It will help you achieve a terrific cup of coffee as well!
• If you are an Iced Tea lover, perfect for you too! When you can brew your tea at the proper temperature, you can better savor the crispness of it iced by dropping in some cubes.
• Have you been using a hot water dispenser? This is also for you if you’d like to save on your electric bill (and who wouldn’t?). Hot water dispensers need to maintain the heat at always near boiling temperatures, but the KitchenAid Pro Kettle can very quickly (about a minute and a half) heat up your water only when you need it! Probably a pretty good little boost for your bank account.
What About The Warranty?
KitchenAid offers a 5 year (from the date of purchase) total replacement limited warranty.
KitchenAid Kettle Review Verdict and Who We Feel It Could Be For
This KitchenAid Kettle is by no means a cheap kettle. Neither in price nor appearance. It is among the fancier and more original ones in the KitchenAid line. If you are not in agreement that it is worth the slightly higher price tag, or you cannot spend a little more on your kettle right now…then please don’t consider it. But if you are able to and wish to satisfy your love of the original, the beautiful, and the functional; then you should clearly give this gem some major consideration!
We feel this kettle is for those of us who are young at heart, fun-loving, a little retro, a little futuristic, and a whole lot of adventurous!